Get Ready – This Watermelon Margarita Recipe Has A Bit Of A Kick
Spice up your summer entertaining with our zesty Jalapeno-Watermelon Margarita recipe. It’s the perfect specialty cocktail for hot summer nights.
Makes 6 servings
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp lime zest
1 lime wedge
3½ cups cubed seeded watermelon (use baby watermelon for more flavour)
½ cup tequila (for a hit of spice, infuse tequila with a few slices of jalapeno in fridge for 2 hours)
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp triple sec liquer
Jalapeno slices, lime wedges and/or melon balls
1. Place sugar and lime zest in a saucer
2. Rub rim of glass with the lime wedge.
3. Dip the top of the glass in sugar mix and roll from side to side
3. Combine watermelon, tequila, sugar, lime juice and triple sec in blender. Process margarita mixture until smooth.
4. Add ½ cup crushed ice to each glass. Fill the glasses with margarita.
5. Garnish with jalapeno slices, lime wedges and/or melon balls
Hello Yellow Tip:
To make this non-alcoholic, simply omit the tequila and the triple sec.
Here are some other drink and cocktail recipes you might like. (They are refreshing – we taste-tested them all! So, trust.)
Forget everything you know about lemonade and try this Brazilian Lemonade recipe.
If you like something sweet with a touch of tart, you will have to make this Peach on the Beach recipe.
Whiskey cocktails aren’t just tasty, they are also very trendy right now. Try this Honeyed Chamomile Whiskey Sipper recipe.
Hosting guests and not sure what to offer as your featured cocktail? This Summer Fruit Sangria is crowd pleaser.