The secret to a deck or yard design you’ll love is all in the patio layout
Before you decide where to put your chic new patio furniture on your deck, take a sec to think about what kind of area you want. How do you want people to interact there? Is it a conversation spot? Is it another spot to show off your decor sensibilities? Here are patio design tips for creating a casual and luxe look with the same set – the Monroe Outdoor Conversation set.
Luxe patio design tips
- This is all about the visuals, and so when you design your patio layout, furniture placement must look good. A modern outdoor arrangement showcases a focal point such as a lush garden. Seats should have unobstructed sightlines, with the widest piece, such as the sofa, facing it directly.
- Don’t let your colour palette get in the way. Stick to neutrals for an upscale, classic look. Cream and charcoal accessories are a natural complement to this tan and brown set. A jolt of yellow adds zest.
- Let your accessories be conversation pieces. Unique vases and other collectibles channel a grown-up vibe. If your patio is clad in beautiful stone tile, leave it bare for a gallery-chic ambiance. (Check out this outdoor patio makeover.)
Casual patio design tips
- Furniture placement is key. Create a warm, intimate setting by placing seats closely together. The main focal point is the company at the table. (Before you buy outdoor furniture, read this outdoor furniture guide for tips on making the best choice.)
- Get inspired by an invigorating colour palette. Punch up neutral furniture with eye-catching, summer-bright hues. Playful prints give an outdoor room a casual, fun and inviting feel. Get more décor ideas from our Pinterest page.
- When it comes to accessories, get cozy. A casual space is all about no-fuss comfort. Toss a cheerful rug underfoot and lounge away with snacks and stacks of magazines.