If you have a big family like mine, you can never have enough dinner napkins. We love to entertain in our home but sometimes special occasions can get a little pricey when you factor in the cost of food and décor. I love the look of cloth napkins but it can add up when you need more than 20 of them! This simple DIY is not only cost effective, it also dresses up my dining table without making it feel too formal or fussy. The best part? Create the pattern with items you already have around your house!
– Cloth napkins or scrap fabric
– Scrap cardboard (you can also use an empty egg carton)
– Toilet paper roll
– Plastic fork
– Fabric paint
Instructions: This example creates 3 different patterns
- Prewash your fabric
2. Cut a shape out of the scrap cardboard or empty egg carton, dip one side into the fabric paint and start stamping onto your fabric creating a pattern. Let it dry.
3. Use the end of a toilet paper roll to create perfect thin circles onto the napkins. Dip one side into the fabric paint and repeat to create a pattern. Let it dry.
4. Take the plastic fork and dip it evenly into the fabric paint. Press onto the fabric for a few seconds. Repeat into a pattern or stamp randomly over the fabric. Let it dry.
5. Once the paint is dry, the napkins are ready for use. They are also washable so don’t be afraid to use your work of art!
Thanks for reading! If you try this DIY at home be sure to share it with us online! Use the hashtag #LeonsHelloSunshine.