As we approach the dreaded cold snow-filled winters (particularly here in Canada) I know we all will be savouring a few extra minutes in the hot shower, I know I’m guilty of it! Because sometimes for us with little ones, it’s hard to get a spa day to ourselves, instead throw a Soothing Winter Bath Bomb into your shower and unwind 😉 There is a lot of talk about essential oils these days and if they really work or if they are a gimmick? Well guys I have been using them here and there over the past few months, only because my Mom introduced me… let me tell you.
Also, when the boys are on the verge of getting sick, I’m diffusing our favourite wellness essential oils, the same remedy that is in each SoothingWinter Bomb. I like to use lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus.
- Soothes occasional skin irritations
- Taken internally, Lavender reduces anxious feeling and promotes peaceful sleep
- Helps ease feelings of tension.
- Boosts healthy respiratory function and clear breathing
- Boosts digestive health
- Repels bugs naturally
- Helps to clear mind
- Boosts feelings of relaxation
- Boosts feelings of clear breathing
Soothing Shower Winter Bombs
These three are easily my favourite combinations to drop into the diffuser or in the form of a shower bomb which when used, breaks down and releases the oil vapours which are absorbed through the steamy shower and inhaled through your body. The citric acid helps to make that fizz and thats the kids favourite part!
- 2 cups baking soda
- 3/4 cup citric acid (available at health food stores or online)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 6-10 drops of each depending on the brand of essential oil used (peppermint, eucalyptus, lavender)
- Mix together the baking soda and citric acid in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together water and essential oils.
- Slowly add the oil-water mixture a little at a time into your dry ingredients, stirring well after each addition.
- When ingredients are thoroughly mixed, it will look slightly clumpy, but do not worry. Tightly pack into 2-inch balls using your hands, as if you were packing snow!
- Set on a plate to dry. Allow to dry for 8+ hours before using.
Have you and your family hopped onto the Essential Oil train!? If so, what are your favourite combinations to use?