Mail during the holiday season is most certainly extra special! It brings a smile to my face when I open the mailbox and spot the colourful and festive envelopes that have been carefully packaged and sent by family and friends! It makes the trek to the mailbox in the deep snow and cold temps completely worth it!
Sending and receiving holiday cards is such a wonderful tradition and something that makes the holidays what they are! The kids read each card and we reminisce and tell stories that remind us of the sender. After each card has been opened, the question is, where to place them for all to see!?The answer came after we finished decorating the family room for the holidays! We realized that entertainment unit provided the perfect spot to display the cards sent from family and friends. The best part is that the kids can easily hang the cards after they have been read and it’s also a great way to add to the room’s holiday decor! The front of most cards have either beautiful pictures or the most perfect holiday saying, they just beg to be placed in a spot where they can be seen!
- Twine, rope or holiday ribbon, completely up to you!
- Washi tape
- Mini clothes pins
- String a long piece of twine beneath your television. I chose to tie this baker’s twine onto the garland.
- Place the washi tape on the long side of a clothes pin and trim the excess off (Tip* keep a bowl of extra decorated clothespins next to the televisions).
- Grab a holiday greeting card and clip it to the string using one of your decorative mini clothespins!
- Step back and admire your beautiful display!
This festive DIY would also work great on a mantel or perhaps down your staircase! Do you love receiving and sending cards during the holiday season?