I guarantee that after you try this recipe you will never buy granola at the store again. Ever! Granola is one of those foods that tricks you into thinking it’s healthy but really so many of the top brands are full of sugar. Recently I got a fabulous new Whirlpool glass top convection oven from Leon’s and have been eager to try the convection feature.
Some of the benefits of cooking with convection (where the air circulates rather than radiates from below) is that it produces more even cooking and in less time. Today I’m going to share a super easy recipe for Maple Crunch Granola using the convection setting.
Maple Crunch Granola Recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecan pieces (or crush whole ones)
- 1 cup slivered (or whole) raw almonds
- 3 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Set your oven to 275° C on the convection roast function.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl until well blended then add the vanilla to the syrup and pour into the bowl. Use a spatula and stir until syrup is evenly distributed. Pour onto 2 parchment lined baking sheets and spread evenly. Easy!
- Stick in the oven and turn after 20 minutes and 30 minutes then give it 5 more minutes for 35 minutes total. Remove and let cool until hardened. Keep a close eye on the oven for the last 5 minutes as ovens can vary and you don’t want to overcook your granola.
This produced the absolute perfect granola in 35 minutes, compared to an hour on the traditional bake setting. Because of the convection fan at the back of the oven, the heat is more evenly distributed, creating a nice even roast which is so important when making something like granola.
Keep your granola in a sealed container and enjoy some delicious, guilt-free crunch with your breakfast!