A TOASTY TREAT
A sweet & savoury snack
The best part of any holiday gathering is the abundance of festive bites! This sweet and savoury crostini comes together in under 30 minutes and is the perfect snack to enjoy with – or without – guests.
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 french baguette, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cup fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 small wheel triple cream brie
- Thyme, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together the butter and olive oil in a small bowl. Brush both sides of the baguette slices with the mixture and arrange on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together the cranberries, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and rosemary. Spread the cranberry mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the cranberries in the oven and roast for 5 minutes.
- Add the tray of baguette slices to the oven, roasting for an additional 6 minutes.
- Remove the baguette slices, flip them over, and return to the oven for another 4-6 minutes, or until they turn slightly crispy and golden and the cranberries are starting to pop. Remove both the cranberries and baguette slices from the oven.
- Top each baguette slice a thin piece of brie and a spoon of cranberries. Garnish with a sprig of thyme.